During this challenging time, various local businesses are providing delivery services for those who may not have family or friends to shop for them. (n.b This leaflet was produced in mid March, so services may have subsequently changed – please see the list below for the most up to date information that we have.
The document below is an agreed joint announcement from Sidmouth Hospiscare, Sid Valley Help and Sidmouth Voluntary Services about the support being offered during the second lockdown.(The new Information Centre at 48 High Street will be closed during lockdown).
In addition, Sid Valley HELP have a booklet ‘Telephone Shopping and Home Delivery’- this has been updated as of 23 March 2020 and lists local businesses offering a range of goods and services who can deliver.
Libraries are planning to gradually reopen to the public – from July 6 Sidmouth will be offering a Choose and Collect service with hopes of opening for more limited access from July 20.
Below is an up to date summary of home delivery schemes:
- Woolbrook News Delivery Service – ring 01395 514224 before 11am for same day delivery Monday – Saturday (£1.25 in the Sid Valley).n.b Deliveries only to those who have no one else to deliver or shop for them.
- Spar Delivery Service (Temple Street, Sidmouth) – ring 01395 513008 9am to 4pm (service available every day)
- Drews of Sidbury Delivery Service – ring 01395 597373
- The Red Lion Sidbury – ring 01395 597313 for takeaway service of food or alcohol, Friday & Saturday 6-9pm
- The Dairy Shop, Sidmouth – ring 01395 513018 (free delivery on orders over £10 payment by card over the phone – town centre deliveries only)
- The Balfour Arms – ring Deborah Bennett 07900 200327 for delivery of meals, shopping etc.
- The Courtyard, Sidmouth – ring 01395 577553 for delivery of hot & cold food + extra items (small delivery charge)
- The Clocktower Restaurant, Sidmouth – ring 01395 515319, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to website https://www.clocktowersidmouth.com/home-deliveries for meals to heat and eat
- Ian Winchester & Sons – ring or text 07791 586197 or email email@example.com to check on availability of delivery services of fresh fruit and vegetable boxes
- Hayman’s Butchers – ring 01395 512877 to order ready meals, meats, pies & pasties by Mon for delivery on Thu/Fri. Free local delivery on orders over £10 see www.haymansbutchers.co.uk/chefs-page-newsletter for details.
- Royal York & Faulkner Hotel/Blinis – Freshly prepared meals with free home delivery throughout the Sid-Valley area. Call Freephone 0800 220714 for further details & see our menu link here
- Sidmouth Voluntary Services 01395 515063 firstname.lastname@example.org . Providing a hot meal and phone support to Sidmouth residents who are elderly and vulnerable
Further useful contacts include:
- Sid Valley HELP 01395 892011 or email email@example.com or go to the website www.sidvalleyhelp.co.uk
- Salvation Army 07889 755777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sidmouth Living with Cancer contact Bill Lankaster by email email@example.com
- Sid Valley Food Bank 07936 917507 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sidmouth Hospiscare 01395 577126 or email email@example.com
- Sid Valley Churches
- Sid Valley Medical Practice 01395 512601
Sidmouth Town Council are supporting a postcard scheme to help self-isolating neighbours, which can be downloaded and filled in.
For local news and information on the Covid 19 Virus listen to Sid Valley Radio: http://sidvalleyradio.co.uk/
Devon County Council have now launched a ‘shielding’ coordination hub to deliver emergency food parcels to vulnerable residents (those who have been told by the Government to ‘shield’ from coronavirus (COVID-19) for at least 12 weeks)
If you need to use a bus service at this time visit Travel Devon for the latest news and service updates and temporary bus timetables during Covid-19.