This website is managed by Sidmouth Town Council. The Town Council take the protection of your personal data seriously and is committed to protecting this information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We process and hold information in order to provide public services. This notice explains how we use and share your information.
Information may be collected on a paper or online form, by telephone, email or by a member of our staff, or one of our Councillors.
We record personal information if you:
- Subscribe to or apply for services that require personal information.
- Report a problem and give your contact details for us to respond.
- Contact us and leave your details for us to respond.
Why we collect information
We collect and hold information about you, in order to:
- deliver public services
- discharge the contract between you and the Council
- make sure we meet our statutory obligations
- prevent or detect fraud through the necessary audit tasks carried out for the Council
Our right to process information
We are permitted to process information under GDPR Article 6 (1) (a) (b) and (e) when:
- processing is with consent of the data subject, or
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, or
- processing is necessary to fulfil a contractual obligation to you.
How we use your information
We will only use any personal information you send us for the purposes for which you provide it. We will only hold your information for as long as necessary and in accordance with the Council’s Records Management Policy. All Town Council employees and Councillors who have access to your personal data and are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. The Council tries to keep the information we have about you accurate and up to date. If, however, you find errors or inaccuracies in your data, we will amend or erase that information upon request.
We may share your information with other partner organisations where this is necessary to support the Council in providing services. We will never share your personal information with a third party unless we have a lawful reason to do.
Sidmouth Town Council will make every effort to ensure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical measures and appropriate policies. We will only keep your data for the purpose it was collected for and only for as long as is necessary.
We will not process any data relating to a child (under 13) without the express parental/ guardian consent of the child concerned.
- Access to Information: You have the right to request access to the information we have about you.
- Information Correction: If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you may contact us so that we can update it and keep your data accurate.
- Information Deletion: If you wish the Town Council to delete the information about you please contact us.
- Right to Object: If you believe that your data is not being processed for the purpose it has been collected for, you may object.
You can contact the Council by emailing the Town Clerk at email@example.com
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on these linked websites.
ICO Registration and Data Controller
Sidmouth Town Council is registered with the ICO. Registration number Z4704910
The Data Controller for Sidmouth Town Council is:
Mr Christopher Holland
Tel: 01395 512424